Tuesday, June 26, 2012

AAPL's curves don't look so great in this picture....

Any apple I have ever eaten has been nicely curved in the right places and most have been juicy to the core. But unlike the your favorite apples to eat, the curves in this AAPL aren't so appetizing.

In addition to all the technical jargon I have been using here on this blog there is one that I don't think I have mentioned yet...the rounding bottom and rounding top formations. Below is a good example of what appears to be shaping up as a rounding top. Although AAPL is making higher highs, it is doing so with less vehemence each time and is now most of the way through what is developing into a bad technical posture.

Add to the weakening backdrop a falling 50day moving average that is close to crossing below the 100day moving average and you have what may well be a technical signal developing in AAPL that can possibly take the stock down to its May lows if not all the way down to the $500 area.

For all you AAPL lovers out there (personally I love their products, own a few of them, and have benefited from the explosive stock price - so I'm a lover, not a hater) I am not trying to bash the stock just for the sake of it. This is an unbiased opinion about the what the chart is saying to me. Essentially it is a picture that displays the emotions, thoughts, and expectations of investors and traders. Others may see it differently, but the only thing that will change my mind about MUCH lower prices for this stock is if it makes a higher high over its June highs. If that doesn't happen soon, and AAPL breaks below its 100day moving average, this apple is going to fall from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment